Greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide do not need to be disposed of into our atmosphere. A number of technologies are available that use these gases as a feedstock to create hundreds of products we need. These innovative processes can reduce emissions and make our lives better.
Many of the products that can be made with carbon recycling are traditionally made with fossil fuels, and using carbon waste gases for the job displaces the need to drill for more petroleum. Each barrel of oil from recycled carbon is a barrel of fossil oil we can leave underground!
Some of the products we can make from greenhouse gases today include:
- Aviation Fuel
- Polypropylene carbonate (PPC) polymer
- Biomass blended resins (durable and compostable grades)
- Biodegradable polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs)
- Methanol and other alcohols
- Organic acids
- Carbonate and bicarbonate materials
Fertilizers and Soil Treatments
- Carbonate-containing fertilizers (ammonium bicarbonate, urea and others)
- Bio-fertilizers that continue to capture CO2 after they have been distributed onto crops
Animal and Fish Feeds
- Salmon, shrimp and others
- Microalgae and other biomass from waste CO2 offers enhanced feed nutritional content
- Year-round production is immune to fluctuations of other feed markets
- Potential to displace 20%-30% of the animal feed that is protein from soybean meal and a portion of the amino acid additives such as lysine and methionine.
- Astaxanthin anti-oxidants
- Omega-3 fatty-acids
Pharmaceuticals & Health
- Cancer treatments
- Salicylic acid
Are you making a product from waste carbon that should be on this list? Let us know!